Jake!

Well, it took a bit longer than we expected but at 7:52 p.m., we met little Jake Joseph Wynkoop Chisholm! He emerged happy and healthy (and a little noisy) weighing in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 19 inches long.

The afternoon of laboring took quite a while. We finally got to the pushing phase at around 5 p.m. or so. Carrie pushed and persevered and was just so amazingly strong. But after a couple of hours, the midwife invited the doc in to take a look - and he made the case for a C-section.

So, we headed to the O.R. Good thing, too. Because it turns out that at some point in the process, Jake had flipped over and was "sunny-side up".

We're now settled back in the room. Carrie's resting, and Jake was active for almost four hours. He ate well on his first try, and the nurses are doing their usual fussing over him.

Tomorrow, I'll post photos!

Posted on November 11, 2007 by Kari Chisholm | Comments (13) |

Comments

BIG congratulations to all three of you!

Posted by Blythe at November 12, 2007 12:04 AM

Huge Congrats!

Posted by lang at November 12, 2007 05:52 AM

Many congrats. Very exciting!

Posted by Jesse Cornett at November 12, 2007 09:16 AM

Congratulations!

CJ - I hope your recovery is swift. If you want to talk C-section with me anytime, I'm here.

Thinking of all three of you with much love,

Amy

Posted by Amy at November 12, 2007 10:22 AM

Hooray! Congratulations! Glad you're all doing well. Can't wait to see you all together.
Love,
Amy, Darin, and Faith

Posted by Amy & Darin at November 12, 2007 03:43 PM

Welcome, Jake! Love you, cuz.

Posted by Dean Chisholm at November 12, 2007 03:48 PM

Welcome Jake! I've a little gift for you when mommy and daddy are more recovered from your birth.

Congratulations Kari and Carrie. I'm so pleased to hear you're doing well.

Best wishes to all.

Posted by carla at November 12, 2007 03:49 PM

Jake, you did it. Even more hair than your daddy, known in Helsinki on July 2 1973 as "the dark baby."!

Gramps

Posted by Gramps Neal at November 12, 2007 04:14 PM

The pictures are great--Jake is amazing! Congrats to both his parents.

Posted by Jeff Alworth at November 13, 2007 08:18 AM

I hear Jake is already chair of the maternity ward and organizing the young citizens.

Congrats!
M+C

Posted by Mike at November 13, 2007 09:23 AM

Welcome baby Jake! Your friend Ryan told us that you had arrived. Congratulations to mommy and daddy.

Posted by Lee and Ginny at November 13, 2007 11:35 AM

We are so happy everything went well. he is adorable.

Posted by Jenny Charles and Ryan at November 13, 2007 02:57 PM

Last minute c-sections... I know how that is. Abby ended up being an emergency c-section since her stats kept dropping (compressed cord). Preparing for the chance of a c-section is something I've been encouraging everyone I know who is pregnant. I didn't prepare for the chance, and then it was so overwhelming when I had a doctor going over all the risks, papers to sign, and nurses prepping me all at the same time.

I'm glad to see everything went well. Jake sure has a big head of hair. It's probably the most I've ever seen on a boy. He's quite the cutie.

And I love the "Proud Daddy" hat. I have to get Andy one of those for when we have the next one.

Posted by Jenni Simonis at November 21, 2007 09:22 PM